A Rusty Roundup!

I am really enjoying the DecoArt products - Texture Sand Paste and Fluid Acrylics - and the techniques learnt from Andy Skinner and others on his Design Team. As I share quite a number of sneak peaks here for Calico Craft Parts  I thought I would do a rusty roundup of two of my projects which got the rusting treatment.



First up is a Steampunk letter A which got the rusting treatment. I'd like to think that with a surname of Atkinson which is synonymous with northern England, that at some point they were involved in the Industrial Revolution and that they also liked tea and gin!






I had the sea very much in mind in June so made this rusty porthole instead of a birthday card for my husband who always has his birthday while we are cruising the West Coast of Scotland. I was very pleased with the rusty effects and the patina on the cogs.




Thank you for joining me for this little rusty round up!

Jennie x

Comments

Jackie PN said…
Jennie, these are so cool!!
Jackie xx
A Pink said…
2 Fabulous pieces ! Jennie . A real rusty and patina treat - thanks for sharing .
hugs x